Skip to content
Best Blueberry Cake
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks) – room temperature
- 3 large eggs – room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk (scant 1 cup of milk with 1 tablespoon vinegar)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries – mixed with 1 tablespoon of flour.
- *This will keep the berries from sinking to bottom of pan while baking.
- *Frozen berries can also be used.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour a bundt pan.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt together.
- With an electric mixer, beat together sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Continue beating, adding eggs, one at a time.
- Add vanilla and zest, mix well.
- Gradually add in dry ingredients alternating with buttermilk, ending with flour mixture.
- Turn off mixer and gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into a bundt pan.
- Bake until a cake tester or wooden skewer comes out clean about 50 minutes to an hour.
- Cool cake on rack for 15 minutes.
- Turn cake onto cake plate and cool completely before frosting.
- Sour Cream Icing:
4 tablespoons butter – softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 2/4 cups confectioners sugar
- Using a hand mixer, cream butter, sour cream, vanilla and lemon juice until smooth.
- Gradually add confectioners sugar.
- Add salt and mix until smooth.
To Find Out All The Yummy Ingredients And The Step By Step Directions To Follow for this Delicious recipes,Please Head On Over To Next Page Or Open button
- Pour icing around top of cake allowing it to run down the sides.