Skip to content
Banana Cake with Buttercream Frosting
- BANANA CAKE
- 3 c sifted cake flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 c shortening
- 2 1/4 c granulated sugar
- 3eggs, well beaten
- 1 1/2 c mashed ripe bananas (about 4 bananas)
- 1 1/8 c buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 chot milk
- 1/2 cbutter
- 1/2 cshortening (butter flavored crisco not recommended)
- 1 tspvanilla extract
- 1 Tbspcornstarch
- 1 cgranulated sugar
To Find Out All The Yummy Ingredients And The Step By Step Directions To Follow for this Delicious recipes,Please Head On Over To Next Page Or Open button
- BANANA CAKE: Sift the flour, baking powder, soda, and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream the shortening; gradually add sugar and continue creaming. Add beaten eggs and bananas and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture alternately with the combined buttermilk and vanilla, beginning and ending with the flour.
- Pour into two 9 inch layer pans that have been greased and floured. Bake at 375 for 25 to 30 minutes.
- BUTTERCREAM FROSTING: Heat milk until very hot but not boiling.
- Cream the butter and shortening until fluffy. Gradually add cornstarch and sugar. Beat well after each addition, then add vanilla….